|Job Title||Project Assistant|
|Contract Duration||1 year|
|Working Hours||Full Time|
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
JOB PURPOSE :
The Project Assistant supports implementation of activities of the project, in particular related to her country of posting. She carries out tasks in support of project development and implementation and provides administrative support to project management processes.
The Project Assistant is responsible for the administrative processes and support functions in projects. She organizes project events and meetings being responsible for the management and implementation of the logistical arrangements and follow-up. She compiles and prepares inputs to meetings, project reports, presentations and communication materials and processes activities in support of recruitment and procurement actions as well as manages contracts with contractors. She is responsible for maintaining project’s filing system.
The Project Assistant works under the supervision of the Project Manager ensuring smooth and timely delivery of project activities under the Project’s work plan and collaboratively with all members of Project Team either in the office and centers.
Work Time: Full-Time -35 hrs./week: 5 days/week
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation of project activities in accordance with the work plan;
- Prepare administrative documents, collect and compile inputs to documents;
- Draft routine correspondence for project implementation;
- Prepare inputs to implementation processes such as recruitment of expert, procurement and contracting;
- Assist in procurement processes for conference/seminar services or other procurement actions foreseen in projects;
- Process actions in other systems;
- Administer contracts with service providers, interpreters and experts;
- Collect, compile and organize background materials, documents and other materials for meetings;
- Compile project reports;
- Prepare inputs to reports, summaries, graphs and inputs to presentations in support to various project activities;
- Is responsible for meeting logistics; meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment, name tags, logistics for arrivals and departures, DSA payments in cash;
- Maintain the project filing system;
- Compile and prepare inputs to PI/PR materials as required;
- Support implementation of project-related communication activities;
Perform any other duties as required.
- Other/ The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
Qualifications and preferred skills:-
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Education, Experience, Skills. Abilities)
- University degree.
- 2 years of project assisting, and procurement work experience in Humanitarian organizations.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
- Good verbal and written in English, Kurdish.
- Arabic is an addition.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Can work independently, i.e. with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
The position will be based in Erbil, with expected traveling to areas around.
Key skills for Project Assistant:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in unstable and Emergency time.
- Good communication skill
- Good team player
- Highly Organized skills
Applicants can send their recent CVs with cover letters to this email email@example.com
Also, make sure to write in subject cells the same job title you apply for,
“ Project Assistant“.
Note: Women are highly recommended to this job title.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.