Emma Organization for Human Development has conducted a 2-day course regarding Sexual and gender-based violence during crises and conflicts and how to deal with survivors on the 4th of January 2018.
The course has been delivered by Dr Bayan Kader Rasul , a Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist and Member of Royal Dutch Association for Psychiatrists , the course included social workers to get more knowledge about this subject.
The course's goals were :
- Understand the differences between sex and gender
- Define sexual and gender-based violence
- Recognize different settings of SGBV (e.g. emergency, conflict, displacement, homes, schools, online)
- Understand the emotional and social consequences of SGBV
- Identify the psychosocial needs of survivors.